Forums

Rules Q&A

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

733 Posts in 207 Topics by 139 members

Topic: Fearless vampire killers

Page: 1 , 2
  • Fearless vampire killers

Hello!

It was good to meet you last week and get a signed copy of your book. I am really enjoying it, playing with my first hero: mage. The book and dice are following me everywhere I go at the moment!

I have reached the lofty heights of the orange quests of Act 2 but I have a question about the rules for the Counts Ball. You cannot heal between each combat. Does that mean I can still reuse my abilities in each fight or can I only use them the one time? I’m on the fight after the jester, but don’t want to venture futher in case I have misunderstood the rules as intended.

I’m looking forward to beating this quest and discovering what the other quests have to offer. An inspired concept!

SinLin

• Re: Fearless vampire killers

Hi Sinlin

Welcome to the forums!

I'm guessing you're an "Easterconer"? If so, and you have bookmarks, you might want to check out this thread before you are lynched by the rest of the forum crew! ;)

Re: your question - each combat is a separate encounter, therefore you can use all your abilities again (subject to description). Only the status of your health is carried over from battle to battle.

Thanks for posting. We're here to help!

M

DaBoss: I'm guessing you're an "Easterconer"? If so, and you have bookmarks, you might want to check out this thread before you are lynched by the rest of the forum crew! ;)

Awe, be nice. We're not all that bad. Since he's a noob, we'll give him at least a week before we tar & feather him. The lynching comes later ;)

Sinlin, welcome. As DaBoss said, it's just the health in that instance. Any time there is a limitation like that, it's mentioned. Actually, other than some specific fights, I don't think there are any instances where you can't use abilities between fights. Maybe a thought for a future book?

Have you been reading my notes for The Heart of Fire?! ;)

(Ch\P)erish the thought! I wouldn't hack into your personal computer just to get a jump on the next book. Or be able to have all the new loot ready for my Character Sheet. No way.

I'd take the copy from your editors. They aren't working fast enough.

BTW, you misspelled 'the' as 'teh' in section 76. And the loot in 142, just a bit under-powered for that point in the story ;)

Ho ho! (But I had to go and check, just to make sure...)

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Bob88753

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad