Forums

Rules Q&A

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

733 Posts in 207 Topics by 139 members

Topic: Careers

Page: 1
  • Careers

I wasn't sure if this question is spoilers or rules but put it here anyways. I wanted to know if the careers you learn are tiered and you are meant to learn and upgrade it in the order you find them.

I have a ranger that is much better than my previous gladiator. I want to keep ranger for role play reasons but I see the career abilities for inquisitor and berserker and I wonder if I am meant to upgrade. Are those careers better and if I don't upgrade will I be at a major disadvanage in act 3?

I suppose I'm saying this - does the warrior career system work like this --

worst to best
    gladiator
    ranger
    berserker
    inquisitor
    (not sure about cavalier and where that goes)

• Re: Careers

I'd say that they are all more or less equal. Granted, the ones in Act 3 might have abilities that are slightly better, but you should still be able to finish the book with any career. I think some of it depends on your play-style or the equipment that you have.

I think the intention is you stick with what you like the best. I swapped my mage career a few times, starting as alchemist then swapping to pyromancer and icelock. I was also tempted by taking the medic, the heal looked like it could come in useful. I like the system but the down side is you cannot go back and retrain a career if you decide you don't like the new one. There were moments in Act 3 when I would have liked to have my pyro powers back!

Berserker is best choice for dps and combo strings. Ranger is good too as he controls opponents speed and lets you lead combats, win more rounds. Every career has perks and disadvantages. I play with what balances and compliments my gear and abilities.

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Bob88753

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad