Forums

Rules Q&A

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

733 Posts in 207 Topics by 139 members

Topic: Steal

Page: 1
  • Steal

First of all - sorry for my persistent questions but I really appreciate the rules guidance.

My mage has found a Ring with the Steal ability. It lets me take the stat of an enemy for a round. I was wondering if you can trigger this as an "interrupt" to steal the enemy's armour score. Or do I need to declare this at the start of the turn?

More generally, can all combat abilities be used as "interupts", so they can cancel or modify a roll already made.

Thanks

• Re: Steal

steal is a modifier ability, so it can be used whenever you wish. Therefore, you can use it to 'steal' your opponent's armour if you have lost a round. Cool, huh?

I'm not sure what you mean re: combat abilities used as 'interrupts'. Each combat ability's description should explain when it can be used. It will either be:

1) When you do damage to an opponent
    2) when your opponent does damage to you

If this is still unclear, have a look at the Hero vs. Hero rules. They give a more detailed breakdown of when abilities can be used.

I hope that helps!

Thanks of this.

On a related note - I was wondering how the potion of invisibility (from act 2) functions - it grants the "vanish" ability. Does this apply to the next hit I recieve (even if in a subsequent round from drinking the potion) or can you choose to drink it after the creature has hit you and rolled for damage? (this is what I meant by 'interupts'). Sorry if its a silly question (I haven't got my books to refer to at work)

Potions can be used at any time, so exist outside of the normal 'speed/combat' system. So yes, technically, you could drink the potion once you have seen your opponent's damage score.

Whereas the ordinary ability is used as soon as an opponent wins a combat round (before they roll for damage), as per the glossary description.

Good question, LoneWolf. I can see how that one might be a grey area!

Excellent that's really useful then.

One last question then - Can I buy multiple potions of the same type? I assume you can stock-pile potions of healing etc but wasn't entirely sure!!

Q Can I buy multiple potions of the same type?
    A Yeah but you can only have 1 potion in each slot of your backpack. The most potions you can ever have is 5.

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Bob88753

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad