Forums

Rules Q&A

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

733 Posts in 207 Topics by 139 members

Topic: Question about a quests system

Page: 1
  • Question about a quests system

Hi,I recently buy the DQ and i have some questions. Let say i started the quest "X" and after 3-4 battles i face a Monster that is too hard for me. The rules are that i can quit i try another. I assume that already won equipment from this quest stays with me.
    Now question is - what about starting 3 or 4 quest, get some fight in them , acquire some equipment and quit of them and when i am ready i return to finish first quest last monster , than second quest last monster and next one (you get the line). Is this in the rules ?
    Because rules are that no quest can be replayed and when you die you can try battle again or go to quest but nothing is said about you died in second quest while first one is yet unfinished.
    Than you in advance for answer

Edit:
    Second question - in description of skills like acid or second sight is writen: ".....each dice". What this means? each dice in full battle ot each dice only in round of usage? (In this case we assume that there can be more than one dice roller for damage)

• Re: Question about a quests system

Hi RRS.

I think the answer to Question 16 of the FAQ should make that clearer:

When your hero is defeated in combat, make a note of the entry number where you died and return to the quest map. Your health is restored back to full. You keep all your equipment, but any potions that you used in the combat cannot be regained.

You can now do the following:

1) Return to the entry number where you died and try again to defeat the monster.

2) Explore another location on the map, such as a town or another quest.

You can return to the entry number where you died anytime you wish. If you are having difficulty with a particular combat, then try another quest to see if you can get better equipment to boost your hero’s attributes. Then you can return to the quest entry number that was causing you difficulty, and try it again.

NOTE: In some quests, when your hero is defeated, there are special rules to follow. You will be given an entry number to turn to, where you can read on – to see what happens to your hero.

-- Concerning your second question, it is each dice (die) that you roll for damage (or your opponent rolls for damage in the case of second sight). So every dice throughout the whole combat.

Thank you
    Thas was exacly what i think but wanted to check it for sure.

Will enemies return to full health if i have to do a combat again? In MMORPG-ways i would say yes...

Hi Dominik!

Welcome to the forums.

Yes, you are correct. When you face enemies again, their health and attributes are all restored. So, if you died - you essentially have to face them again from scratch.

Hope the game system starts to grow on you ;) Look forward to hearing your opinions as you continue to play through the first book.

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: Bob88753

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad