Forums

Post your hero!

If this is your first visit, you will need to register before you can post. (All members of the forum must adhere to the Code of Conduct, as outlined in the Terms and Conditions)

Moderators: Da Boss

754 Posts in 132 Topics by 94 members

Topic: Jeremiah - DQ4

Page: 1
  • Jeremiah - DQ4

My DQ4 character:

Most exciting battle?
    Act 1: Vs. Ignitus (section 334)
    Act 2: Vs. Cabal Shredder/Slasher (section 492)

Name: Jeremiah
    Path: Warrior
    Career: Dervish (former Sentinel)
    Abilities: Whirlwind (pa), Sand dance (co)

Stats: S9/B9/M1/A4/H59 (Demon Blood)

Head: Dervish Veil +1S/+2B Ability: Cleave (co) + Ravager Jaw (Special) +1B
    Cloak: Ragged Storm +1S/+1B Ability: Haste (sp)
    Gloves: Stygian Spikes +1S/+2A Ability: Retribution (co)
    Chest: Golem Plate +1S/+3A Ability: Bull Guard (mo)
    Feet: Firewalkers +1S/+1B Ability: Sear (pa)
    Main hand: Sundance Sword +1S/+2B Ability: Fatal Blow (co)
    Left hand: Crimson Meridian +2S/+2B Ability: Cyclone (mo)
    Talisman: Magnetite Propulser +1S Ability: Deflect (co)
    Necklace: Dark Dogma +1B/+1M Ability: Consume (mo)
    Ring: Blood Blaze +1B Ability: Bleed (pa)
    Ring: Marsh Light Ability: Blind (sp)

Warp Abilities: Misdirection, Dark Haze, Shadow Well
    Reputation: Dryads (2), Cabal (3), Sun Dogs (2), Griglo Tick-Tock (3)
    Pets: Metal scorpion, Talon wing (with plated talons)
    Augments: Mobility, Aggression, Perception
    Silver: 174

Backpack:
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Keywords: Desperado, Hollow, Seeker, Edict, Hoard, Tyrant, Precious, Reinforcements, Redeemer, Collection, Resolve, Vexed, Vindicator, Pirate, Approval, Spirits, Magus, Lotus, Prince, Champion, Sun Dogs, Muse, Fortitude, Miracle

Notes: Ivory Tablet
    Vault: a couple of items that i swap to improve B (11), reduce A (2), and add Skewer (co)

• Re: Jeremiah - DQ4

I didn’t finish the 3 Dungeon Delve, (reached the last fight in the Dryads Dungeon), and couldn’t complete the two legendaries monsters available in Act 2.
    I had some troubles near the end of Act 1, but mainly my fault (no potions) because i was saving silver for future upgrades;
    I found the multiple combats (Blue and Red quests in Act2) very tough, especially i had difficulties to contain the constant passive damage.
    This was mainly due, beside the bad luck with dices, that i didn’t planned my warrior build from the beginning, i just played and enjoyed the book without thinking where’s the best loot.
    I liked the Sentinel career, where the Talon Wing can be a very good support in its passive stance;
    Unfortunately not having enough Reputation with the Sun Dogs and the Merchant i didn’t improve the Dervish career (i could have reached Speed 10 and change/switch some abilities).

I will try the Beastmaster career, because the Mastiff can be played more in its aggressive stance (thanx to abilities like Guardian); and i wanna try the Dark Templar career, sounds very challenging but with interesting combo options.

Wow, thank you for sharing your hero and all this amazing info. It's all really helpful to me, especially as I am now writing DQV so I can take your comments on board. I also have a new hero to help playtest with

Edited the correct amount of Silver; Sold the minor artifacts. Also i forgot to lower -1A due to final fight.

I am currently playing it again, as a Warrior, but this time choosing Cabal and Hinba tribe.
    Also i am planning since the Prologue the "best path" with these priorities: loot, career combo abilities, silver, reputation.
    And i can already say that it's a totally different experience.
    deeper analysis in next posts

More opinions, comparing the warrior career options that i am exploring:
    Pets review:
    This is a really nice add to the already awesome features of this series.
    As i suggested in the current Companion kickstarter, it would be perfect to have cards like the special loot or tokens to keep track of the passive/aggressive stance; something like front side (passive) rear side (aggressive), with some cool artworks to portrait their stance.

Talon wing: with its ability is a very good passive support, 1 passive damage to an apponent can help to keep doing damages in multiple combats, together with the Sentinel abilities, can give you a great start (1st round victory) and damage back.
    Guardian (pa) ability can even upgrade the damage-
    I upgraded it with Plated talons and it to helped its survive when i rolled 1 in passive stance.
    So for me it’s a positive review!

Metal scorpion: i used it only during one fight, so i can’t say much, but its ability (upgraded) could have been very useful (especially when my characters had 1 or 2 Speed points less then the opponent; but i think it’s unlocked too late in the game, probably will have a better use in the next book!

Mastiff: currently using it with the Beastmaster career, and it’s awesome. Its upgrade can help it to survive longer, but if you use it, giving a round or two in passive stance to heal itself, it’s powerful in its aggressive stance; i boosted it with a couple of unused combat (or speed) abilities and this “puppy” can deal severe damages, plus when defeated its last bite can (in the luckiest way) do 8 damages.
    Guardian (pa) ability is equally useful (even more, i say) also with the Mastiff, good combo.
    So, in my opinion, it’s a positive review and it’s more funny to use it than the Talon wing; Probably in a 20 rounds long combat, for example, i think the (total) damages did by these pets, more or less, can be equal, probably a bit higher by the Mastiff.

Thanks for the feedback on pets, that's interesting to note. I'm certainly adding new pets and improving old ones when it comes to the next book - so if you have a favourite, then they should still be useful in future/more difficult encounters.

The same goes for mage minions also.

Currently Online: There is nobody online.

Welcome to our latest member: CrazedOldMan

Copyright © 2010 Michael Ward | Terms and Conditions | Acknowledgments | site built by nomad